We’re pleased to announce that the judging is complete and we’ve awarded the final THINK [about architecture] scholarships.
This year we offered the scholarship at 22 schools. We had some great entries and the committee had a difficult time narrowing down the finalists.
The 1st place State Level Scholarship ($1,000) was awarded to New Lenox resident Erica Crimmins. Her video focused on the Library at Lincoln-Way West High School. She did a great job at pointing out architectural features and explaining how the design facilitated learning.
The 2nd place State Level Scholarship ($500) was awarded to Jeremy Gentile of Oak Lawn. His entry focused on the Science rooms at Richards High School. He highlighted how the space enhanced his experience and he included comments from classmates and his teacher.
Recipients of the $250 School Level Scholarship include:
- Shaun’Qae McMurtry (Lockport), graduate of Lockport Twp. High School in Lockport Township High School District 205
- Nick Carr (New Lenox), graduate of Lincoln-Way Central High School in Lincoln-Way School District 210
- Jim Connolly (New Lenox), graduate of Lincoln-Way West High School in Lincoln-Way School District 210
- Erica Crimmins (New Lenox), graduate of Lincoln-Way West High School in Lincoln-Way School District 210
- Max Donkel (Flossmoor), graduate of Homewood Flossmoor Community High School in Homewood Flossmoor School District 233
- Jeremy Gentile (Oak Lawn), graduate of H. L. Richards High School in Community High School District 218
- Wladyslaw Tylka (Norridge), graduate of Ridgewood High School in Ridgewood High School District 234
- Layne Becker (Mendota), graduate of Mendota High School in Mendota High School District 280
- Kat Phillips (Elgin), graduate of Larkin High School in School District U-46
- Travis Manisack (Elgin), graduate of Larkin High School in School District U-46
The criteria used by the judges to score the videos: Read the rest of this entry »